LegacyGT.com

Auto vs manual engine harness

Bought an auto 2005 lgt complete swap as a replacement for my 2005 lgt manual. I swapped my entire intake manifold engine harness included to try to keep things as original as possible to avoid and issues. 
Ironically, I believe I have a faulty ground somewhere in my original harness. 
Am I able to use the auto engine harness on my manual car without issues? 

It can be done. But will require research. I swapped a 5eat with a 6mt and used the 5eat ecm and harness successfully. But, due to the ecm always searching for the tcu (and it not being there) logging and flashing became irregular. After about 1 year, the owner allowed me to swap harness and ecm to make it oem proper.  I am not sure I have my notes anymore from the swap. I recall needing to wire the clutch sensor, speed sensor, grounding specific ecm pins no longer used, etc. It took me about a month of study just to figure out and modify the harness.  

So I guess the OP is better off trying to figure his issue with the harness that came out of his car. Hopefully after takes a step back, and goes over each connection making sure they are clean and tight, things will work.

Most of the time, it's something simple.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey guys, just saw this thread and it semi-relates to my issue. I have a damaged wiring harness on my 07 LGT MT and its throwing codes. I bought an 08 LGT (also MT) wiring harness off of my friend but then after doing some research, I am getting mixed answers as to whether or not it will work with my pre-facelift LGT. If I install the 08 harness, do you guys know of any issues that may occur? Or should I just stick with replacing mine with another 07 MT harness.