LegacyGT.com

Need to stiffen/raise the rear of my 2019 Legacy

I have a trailer hitch installed and use it to carry a mountain bike.

My problem is the hitch has a tendency to bottom out occasionally.

It seems like I read in a forum you can use 2019 Outback springs which are stiffer.

Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard that too but do not know if it is true. I have replaced my struts and to try and get them on when they are more extended due to longer springs does not sound pleasant. The cheapest and easiest way to raise either end is with spacers. I purchased some about 40 days ago through Amazon. They came from Russia! I was surprised to get them. Now they are unavailable. It was hard to find some in the 3/4 inch range.

There is not a lot of room for choices in the strut area. Another concern is Subaru struts only last about 60k, depending on how rough roads you drive. Most people go a lot longer than that but that is the point you will usually notice a good improvement if you put new ones on. Eventually, the struts will cause tire wear and other problems if you don't replace them. If you are going to either the work and/or expense of putting longer springs or spaces on and then have the car aligned you may want to consider new struts.