LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy Hatchback renovation

Just picked up my first project car! I believe it is an Atlantic blue pearl and had one owner! It's got a black interior, momo shift knob, and wheel, plus the short-throw shifter! so far I've been slowly picking away at the tranny and all the other parts to see how bad it is since I got it for so cheap...around $1,600. Just looking for tips? I've already noticed how enormous this tranny is and am going to have to "finagle" my tranny jack between its(the transmission) cross-member supports. Also, any common failures I should check? I and my buddy will be testing compression and such once the clutch is installed!:lol:

Read the sticky's at the tops of the Forums.

What clutch are you installing ?

Why not do the compression test first to make sure the engine is worth the new clutch. If it's not, the engine has to come out.

Oh, these are called wagon's not hatchbacks. ;)

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Man, my car was a bit of a POS when I bought it for $4500 a few years ago. Crazy how the owner of that car had no clue how rare it was. Even with no engine in the car they're worth 2K.

If that engine and transmission work at all, well you got away with robbery. The factory clutch is OK for a decent amount of torque if that's the clutch you plan to put in. There are lots of common failure points on this car ranging from suspension bushings to valve cover gaskets to door lock actuators. It's gonna be a permanent project car, but it's a lot of fun. Good luck!