LegacyGT.com

Access port gauges

Hey all, looking to pick up a an access port for my 06 spec B. I will run the 6 gauge format , but I was wondering two things:

1) What gauges should I run?

2) What are the correct readings for said gauges?

Coming from a 7.3 Excursion I'm only used to Boost, EGT and trans temp.

I'll be running the stage 1 tune with the Cobb intake as well, if that's important information at all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

The default gauges are usually the best ones to leave up from my experience.

Better yet, leave the AP in your glove compartment and drive the car and enjoy it without having to glance at the screen for free anxiety!

Amen to the glove box idea. That AP will drive you nutso. I use it to log and then box it back up. If I was racing or something, that's a different story, in a different car with a different set of gauges.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yep, both my AP's sit in a box. Drive it and don't worry. Keep your eye's on the road. My wagon has been on Cobb AP since Dec 2004 when it first came out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That sounds like a great idea. Coming from a diesel in the mountains, my eyes were GLUED to EGT temps. I plan on going Cobb stage 1 and borla exhaust, and call it done. I would hate to bastardize such an uncommon car.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Edited by Spec-Beast