LegacyGT.com

Help on Pricing of New Forester X....

cohenfive

my sister's car was totaled up near boston last week (nobody was hurt, just a dumb driver that hit my sister) and she wants to buy a new forester x. i checked on edmunds to get invoice price of auto with and without premium package. my question is do these trade at invoice (less $1000 rebate) or can you dig into the holdback a bit? i will likely do the negotiations myself to make it easy on my sister.

also they don't post 05 inventories, are they all gone or still around and if so how much cheaper (they have $1500 rebate)...

thanks!!

2005 Forester X has a $1500 rebate...no dealer cash. probably be hard to find a 2005 X model, but you are better off going with the new 2006 anyway...especially over $500 or $250 (2006 X non-premium models have an extra $250 dealer cash on top of the $1000 rebate).

If you are looking at the X premium, compare that to a 2005 XS premium.

you might be able to get into dealer holdback on a 2006, but that will depend on the individual dealership

2005 Forester X has a $1500 rebate...no dealer cash. probably be hard to find a 2005 X model, but you are better off going with the new 2006 anyway...especially over $500 or $250 (2006 X non-premium models have an extra $250 dealer cash on top of the $1000 rebate).

If you are looking at the X premium, compare that to a 2005 XS premium.

you might be able to get into dealer holdback on a 2006, but that will depend on the individual dealership

so are you saying the 06 non-premiums have $1250 in cash and the premiums have $1000? hadn't seen that on edmunds. gracias, i'm waiting for her to figure out what color and premium or non...i checked inventory in her area and dealers have tons of stock on hand....as much as 6 or seven in one color...

yes, the 2006 Forester X non-premium models have a total of $1250 available ($1000 rebate and $250 dealer cash) and the Premium X models only have $1000, but the premium models give you a lot of equipment for the price --personally, i would prefer the premium package for a little more money..

yes, the 2006 Forester X non-premium models have a total of $1250 available ($1000 rebate and $250 dealer cash) and the Premium X models only have $1000, but the premium models give you a lot of equipment for the price --personally, i would prefer the premium package for a little more money..

i would too, that's why my wife got the lgt ltd wagon, but this is my sister i'm talking about so i left it in her court. thanks for the info, think i'll shoot for a tad under invoice minus rebate/cash and see what happens.....

my sister's car was totaled up near boston last week (nobody was hurt, just a dumb driver that hit my sister) and she wants to buy a new forester x. i checked on edmunds to get invoice price of auto with and without premium package. my question is do these trade at invoice (less $1000 rebate) or can you dig into the holdback a bit? i will likely do the negotiations myself to make it easy on my sister.

also they don't post 05 inventories, are they all gone or still around and if so how much cheaper (they have $1500 rebate)...

thanks!!

You could try to get an 05 but it will be difficult...

Nonethless, you can offer on a 06, invoice - incentives (right now 0) - 4% holdback + 500 dealer cash (at last they have to pay for the bills and the cleaning lady) now with that offer don't expect to be getting any color you want, etc etc etc...

Just haggle haggle and play with several dealerships, battling to get your business.

Good luck,

Let me know if you need a dealership referral...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived