LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy GT M/T

Does the 08-09 Legacy GT M/T's come with the DCCD? I see the knobs on them when shopping. I just want to be sure I can swap a 09 5 M/T trans to my 05 and get the DCCD. The forum is flooded with mid thread discussion and no clear questions asked about this. AS FAR AS I CAN FIND....Just a disclaimer lol

No dccd from the factory on any legacy. Even the6mt spec b did not have dccd. That being said, I have it in my car using an sti trans and aftermarket dccd controller
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

No dccd from the factory on any legacy. Even the6mt spec b did not have dccd. That being said, I have it in my car using an sti trans and aftermarket dccd controller

This is a 2009 Legacy GT Ltd A/T (Couldnt find a manual Example)

notice the DCCD or is this different? Im fairly new to how subi trannies work.

32899eaef74b9b1d29ac14ada64ad6f0.jpg.4d4997e9758c73a684c3987f7160ebf1.jpg

This is a 2009 Legacy GT Ltd A/T (Couldnt find a manual Example)

notice the DCCD or is this different? Im fairly new to how subi trannies work.

That's the Si Drive controller which has nothing to do with the transmission, at least on a 3 pedal car. On my manual '08 Outback XT all it does is switch between 3 different throttle maps.

That's the Si Drive controller which has nothing to do with the transmission, at least on a 3 pedal car. On my manual '08 Outback XT all it does is switch between 3 different throttle maps.

I see, so this just controls the power delivery and not the diff.

Code, How do you like the 6MT swap with DCCD?

Love the LSD and the fact it holds the power that would grenade a 5mt. I wish it was geared higher, lots of shifting.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Anyone here in Vegas want to get together and look at what maintenance items i need done to keep this think going :redface:

Bit of a road trip for me, but surely there are Subaru tuning shops near Vegas?

If it needs any fluids (power steering, coolant, oil, trans, diff, brake) then change those. Change out the cabin air filter (it's probably an hour-long job for a first-timer) if you haven't already. You'll have to take the lower passenger dash off.

The axle boots like to tear and the suspension bushings are all shot if you've never replaced any of them.

Good luck!

Bit of a road trip for me, but surely there are Subaru tuning shops near Vegas?

If it needs any fluids (power steering, coolant, oil, trans, diff, brake) then change those. Change out the cabin air filter (it's probably an hour-long job for a first-timer) if you haven't already. You'll have to take the lower passenger dash off.

The axle boots like to tear and the suspension bushings are all shot if you've never replaced any of them.

Good luck!

Yea i currently go to Kaiju Motorsports in LV for work i need done. Suspention was fully swapped out (Tein Flex Z, Avo front and rear sway with brackets, KartBoy endlinks, Whiteline rear lateral links and upper control arm {Rear}, Genuine JDM front control arms and Trailing arms, Steal braided brake lines and Power Stop Pads and rotors {Cheap out lol})