LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy 5MT

I had a 08 Legacy 2.5i whose engine seized. I payed $2,000 for a short block from Subaru, and then paid Subaru somewhere around $3,500 to rebuild heads and reassemble everything. I got to put barely 3,000 miles before the car got totaled. I bought an ‘09 impreza with the same EJ253, with the 5MT, and it also came with adjustable coil-overs all around. Body is super clean, but the engine seized up, I believe to a spun bearing. So the seized Impreza engine is my new rebuild hobby, and I’m putting the new engine from the Legacy, into the Impreza. I just wanted to post and see if anybody wanted any of the parts from the Legacy before I scrap it. I plan to keep the alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump, injectors, MAF, and maybe a new other things. I was going to see if anybody would like to buy the 5MT from the Legacy, it have around 200xxx, haven’t had a single problem. If you do, make an offer. I was planning on keeping and rebuilding the engine with the spun bearing but would also be willing to sell that for the right amount. Differentials, CV axles, wheel bearings, ect are also possibly for sale if you make an offer. If nobody wants to buy them, I plan on keeping the transmission and engine and rebuilding them to either sell, or rebuilding them with upgrades internals to swap back out. Stuff like alternator, A/C compressor, MAF, wheel bearings, ect I plan to keep as backup parts if no offers are made. Not sure about the battery, but I’m probably going to scrap the catalytic converters for a couple hundred dollars. If you like far away and you make a reasonable offer on padts I’d be more than happy to split the shipping costs. I just hate to see any of these parts go to waste. I also plan to post on Offerup, Craigslist and Facebook among other things.

Or if you have any new gears or synchros for rebuilding the transmission, message me and I may buy them. If you have any bring ideas on how to squeeze out a large amount of horsepower when rebuilding the engine, let me know. Or if you have upgraded internals laying around, I’d be happy to buy.

If I rebuild the engine and transmission stock, I’ll probably sell them to offset the $6,000 spent on the engine, or if I rebuild them with upgraded internals, then I’ll put them into my Impreza, and take the low mileage engine ans transmission out and sell them. Or if there’s any fun idea you can think of for procharging it I’m open to ideas. Just let me know if interested, I’m easy to work with! Thank you all, and I wish you far better luck than my own :)