LegacyGT.com

Transmission Chain Guide issue 2020 Subaru Legacy XT

3 hours ago, 79mooneyman said:

original transmission replaced at about 64000 miles under 5yr/100K  extended warranty I had purchased when buying the car, for the $100 deductible.  apparently with exact same transmission that came on the car. That was before the recall. 

Since the vehicle's transmission had not been tested under the recall,  at 89000 miles, my service provider was about to move to new job and suggested they do the test under the recall, and later in the day, they called to say transmission was being replaced again.  the new transmission felt different, do not know if any difference in the transmission, or just in reprogramming.  I purchased 2023 Legacy sport in December of 22, and sold car to my son, with about 95,000 miles on the car,  telling him hopefully transmission would last at least 60,000 miles.  as of this date he has over 105,000 mi. on car and loves it.  the Legacy sport is missing some of the options of the 20 Legacy XT limited,that i miss, most notable the seating selector and adjusting everything when it recognized me upon entering the vehicle and no preset buttons for 2 drivers.  and other things i rarely used.  The dealership had the top of the line Legacy but it had baby crap Brown  interior that i would not accept, therefore 23 sport model now has the Turbo engine and can really earn name of "SPORT"  I like the interior, but with out Napa interior, but has comfortable seating materials. Pricing difference between Sport and  I absolutely purchased 5 yr 100K top of line extended warranty.  will see if the Transmission will hold out, if not time to move on to different make.  Transmission does "shift" a little jerky sometimes, and the turbo kicks in a little jumpy.  but now with over 17,000 miles nothing has been replaced.  Wish Subaru would invent a new light silver green color, like Porsche had back in late 70's  think it was ice green metallic.  If you don't like darker colors that show dirt, you are stuck with white and silver,  getting tied of same old color, and the eyesight and "helpful" driver assist is beginning to become annoying.  But you can't take your hands off the wheel and stop looking where you are going.  it loses the center line and edge of road line easily and can't cope with more than slight bends in roads, or knows what to do with transition between single lane and double, nor when right line disappears at intersections. 

Not ready for self driving car. nor electric,  as traveling salesman, I take 450 mile trips regularly.  electric would add hours to the trip. danger of brownouts

Lots of good information and opinions in the above. Thanks for sharing! I just wanted to point out that the things that annoy you with the lane centering, and auto-cruise control are things that bothered me too at first. Then I learned that Subaru's intent for the lane centering is that it only be used on interstates. That's what they programmed it for, so it doesn't handle skinnier, windier non-interstate roads well. Just an fyi...

'21 Limited XT

Subaru Ambassador since 2015