LegacyGT.com

Cruise controls getting flaky

Hi all,

My 2017 Legacy is approaching 107k miles and still going strong, but I'm beginning to experience some issues with the cruise/eyesight control cluster on the steering wheel. Sometimes the speed up/speed down button doesn't work when in cruise. Sometimes I hit speed down and it's engaged the lane assist. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what's the fix? A shot of compressed air? Contact cleaners? Replacement?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 Premium with no Eyesight, so not the exact same problem.. But I was roadtripping today and I noticed that pressing the button to slow down the cruise control made the car's speed slow down for a bit (maybe a second) and then went back up. I had to hold the button to make the car reach my desired cruise control speed. Weird...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I think it might be your Roll Connector starting to go out.. This is the Wire Tape plastic piece behind the steering wheel that allows the thumb controls to work when the steering wheel is turned left and right.. Mine is bad because my horn doesn't work now.. It was intermitten then would only work when tuen right 90° then 180° and now nothing.. My radio volume intermittently goes up and down by itself..

So in your case and mine I would look at changing the Roll Connector..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Could be a bad connector on the audio assembly or the roll connector needs to be replaced by the dealer.

The steering wheel button assemblies are prone to failure, which is likely why it's easy to replace.

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2016_Legacy/Steering-Wheel-Radio-Controls/60018299/83154AL09A.html

Enter your vin to make sure it's the exact part you need.