LegacyGT.com

Whiteline SB's

I could have sworn that I watched something many years ago when I bought my first obxt that proved the strut bar on a legacy was a waste of money by tying a piece of string across the two struts and putting a piece of tape in the middle as a marker and a line of tape on the firewall as reference and a camera to watch as he went around the track. Could have sworn it was a legacy but if memory serves there was virtually no flex.

@Code,

I think you are mistaken as far as the car I have this setup on. Its currently on my 2008 3.0R not any BMW or other car I owned or do own. As far as reinforcement brackets most people do not have them and have very limited issues breaking endlinks at all. Granted you do need aftermarket links as the stock ones are crap when pushed hard. I have never seen a bracket deform or break just from "spirited driving" and only have seen this issue when the car is pushed hard and I mean hard.

As far as the strut tower bar theory they only work when paired with bigger sways. And its minimal at best but it still reduces flex over stock. As far as suspension and "lifting" etc.. If you have the suspension done correct as well the right tire/wheel combo the car should never lift in the corners if its dialed down correctly. I know the feeling and its not a good one. But every car has a limit and driving a Leggy like a 911 on the track wont work.

@shralp,

The setup you have in your wagon is more like what I was used to seeing in track cars as far as bracing etc.. I am also seeing alot of the rear strut tower braces popping up in more track cars as they are easy to remove.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder