LegacyGT.com

door speakers

my car came with an aftermarket head unit with sloppy wiring, as well as the stock 'kenwood' minidisc unit (disconnected).

when i got the car, i only got quiet sound from the tweeters in the door, nothing from the woofers.

my first thought was that the head unit or its wiring was suspect, so i did a direct splice into the factory harness for a better deck i had laying around, and it made no difference, so i think the problem is in the doors, or the chassis wiring.

i kind of find it weird that it would affect all four speakers at once if it was a problem in the door, though ??

there's no evidence of amplifiers or anything else having been installed, however i found antennas and wiring from a japanese navigation/tv system under the passenger seat, but no evidence that it would be directly connected to a speaker.

i'm wondering if anyone can confirm, before i go through the trouble of ripping the doors apart or digging through more wiring, that any crossovers this car would have would just be a capacitor in the door itself? or any other ideas?

• 1 month later...