LegacyGT.com

4th gen front seats

I just recently bought a 2008 SpecB and the previous owner has installed bucket seats from a older WRX. They're starting to get uncomfortable and was considering swapping back to the original seats except that the owner sold them so i have nothing at the moment. I'm searching online to find a used legacy where i can salvage the seats from but i wanted to make sure if all the front seats on the 4th gen have the same wiring for the heated seats and also for the airbags. If someone can shine some light on this it would be really helpful. Thanks in advance

Any seats from a 4th Gen will fit as long as you get the leather seats as they have all the wiring you need for the heater and airbags. The Outback seats will also fit without issue as I know parts searching for just Leggy seats may pose its challenges. Just a tip try to buy local as the seats are heavy and expensive to ship LTL and when you do get them give them a good cleaning and creaming while they are out you will yield fantastic results.

On a side note good buy as in my area when Spec Bs come up for sale they are either low mileage and super high priced or have been neglected and beat to hell.

4th gens do NOT all use the same wiring. The Spec B actually uses a different system from what I understand from a friend who did the full interior swap in his 05 GT wagon from an 08 Spec B with the black and blue seats.

I have no audio at the moment but somewhere around this point in time he goes into the work of swapping stuff between his car and a Spec.

Difference is mostly in the airbag wiring and occupant system in the passenger seat. 2005 is different from all other years. I have 2011 STi seats in my ‘05. The seat power and heaters match perfectly, it’s the airbag system that I had to work on.

4th gens do NOT all use the same wiring. The Spec B actually uses a different system from what I understand from a friend who did the full interior swap in his 05 GT wagon from an 08 Spec B with the black and blue seats.

I have no audio at the moment but somewhere around this point in time he goes into the work of swapping stuff between his car and a Spec.

I never consider a 05 when I look at GTs. In fact always forget they are the only ones of the GTs that came with cloth.

I could not remember if the Spec B seats were the same as a Limited or 3.0R.

I never consider a 05 when I look at GTs. In fact always forget they are the only ones of the GTs that came with cloth.

I could not remember if the Spec B seats were the same as a Limited or 3.0R.

Yes, the '05 GT Limited was leather, you could get a GT non-limited with cloth I believe. Starting in '06 the GTs where only in Limited if I remember right.

Yes, the '05 GT Limited was leather, you could get a GT non-limited with cloth I believe. Starting in '06 the GTs where only in Limited if I remember right.

Correct. What bothers me more is when I look at a great example of a GT with low miles and walk up to it and they have it listed as manual and it’s an Auto. Sorta of like a WRX with the CVT but the way I look at is someone will buy it.

Difference is mostly in the airbag wiring and occupant system in the passenger seat. 2005 is different from all other years. I have 2011 STi seats in my ‘05. The seat power and heaters match perfectly, it’s the airbag system that I had to work on.

Exactly what kind of airbag wiring needs to be done? I really want to find a solution to install some LGT seats back in the car but I’m still new to the mechanics world. Im trying to fix it up while im still in mechanic school so any information helps.

Exactly what kind of airbag wiring needs to be done? I really want to find a solution to install some LGT seats back in the car but I’m still new to the mechanics world. Im trying to fix it up while im still in mechanic school so any information helps.

If you find OEM seats after 2005 its pretty much Plug and Play.