LegacyGT.com

Terk XM Commander Display ok?

direavenger

I'm looking into getting a Terk XM Commander and mounting it in the cubby, but I'm a little leary about the display. I've seen the Delphi SkyFi and that looks great, however it will never fit in the cubby. Will I be dissapointed by the XM Commander? (I have not seen it in person yet)
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

The XM Commander leaves a bit to be desired as far as the display goes. Its your basic backlit LCD display. It has a light blue backlight. It doesnt really match and of the other gauges. However, it does work well and it has a very small form factor. I was able to fit mine in the ash tray location with about an inch of space on either side. Once I have a solution, I will post pics.

Cheers,

Ryan

The Ash tray?! That's a really interesting location for it. I'd be interested to see how it looks. Thanks for your opinion.

Does the display scroll the characters? It looks like it can only display about a dozen characters at once...

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I have a camera phone pic pasted in the "XM installs" thread on page 3:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22133&page=3

As you can see, this mount is only temporary - I made thrifty use of an old wooden blind and some duct tape. My father is a plastics guru, and will be helping craft a custom mount in the coming weeks. There is a downside to this mount, the 10 buttons at the bottom are somewhat hard to access due to the shifter. Perhaps this will justify a STS for my ride.

Cheers,

Ryan

Archived