LegacyGT.com

2nd dead battery

Need more info. Do you sit and listen to your radio with all of the lights on with the engine off or any other bad behaviors?

Have you had your ECM updated with new charging logic?

Have you checked what your parasitic draw is?

If you’re concerned I’d definitely buy a li-ion jump pack to keep in the trunk. I maintain my battery well and monitor it often, but still keep a jump pack in each car.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

How to not end up with a dead battery in a Legacy:

1. Replace the OEM Subaru battery ASAP. The original is undersized. The OEM replacement isn't much better. If you leave your car outside when it's 0 degrees for 12+ hours either battery could leave you stranded.
  2. Get the largest battery that will fit. If you live in the city, a Group 34, 800CCA battery works well (link below). If you live in the boonies or somewhere arctic get an Odyssey AGM ODX-AGM34.
  3. During the winter, charge the battery overnight with a trickle charger once a month. I recommend using a Noco Genius or Battery Tender 4A-10A charger.
  4. Keep a jumper set that's charged in your house or in your car during long trips. I recommend a Noco Boost jumper.

$200-$300 and a little preparation will make this problem go away and save you from being stranded in the cold.

Links

This battery fits and works well.

Good for 1-2 starts. Battery Charger -- Get a larger unit if you live somewhere really cold or leave the unit in the car a lot.

Edited by jMeG