LegacyGT.com

2012 2.5i Premium Overland suspension options

Hi all,

I have a 2012 2.5i Premium with an aging suspension. I plan to replace it soon (at least my shocks and struts but maybe more) and I would like to have a bit more ground clearance, and maintain good road performance without bounce.

I've really been having trouble finding information for the best route to take.

I've heard that I can buy outback suspension parts that will give me what I'm looking for, but I've heard both that they bolt right on, and also that they won't fit at all...

A lift kit and "normal" shocks might be fine, What are the pro and cons of this?

I'm open to aftermarket parts, but hoping to keep costs in check.

Does anyone have any recommendations? What are my options?

Thanks in advance!

Check out subtle-solutions for a lift kit and replace your struts with OEM. If you want stiffer springs, get the 2013 springs. They're a bit stiffer, which is nice.

There is a thread in here if a guy who put outback suspension on his legacy and he got it to work fine.

Thank you very much for the reply!

I'll look into subtle-solutions. Do you know where I can buy the 2013 springs specifically? The parts I've seen online are just for Gen 5 Legacies.

Finally, would you be able to link to the outback suspension thread? I've looked for it, but I haven't been able to find it yet...

I bought the springs from a dealership. Go to parts.subaru.com and look up the part numbers, then you can see if a dealer near you had then for cheap. I think it was around $36 per spring for me.

The outback also has a subframe lift on the front and rear that gives it a little bit of height as well as keeping the cv axles lined up nicely with the higher ride height. If you are seriously wanting a lift it may be worth starting there and then doing the suspension next.