LegacyGT.com

I’m new to legacies and just bought and 05 GT. I swapped the 2.5 for the 2.0 and now when I start it, it’s pulling codes for cylinder 1 and 3 misfires. I replaced the coils and spark plugs in those two and it didn’t help at all. Any and all help is welcome thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m new to legacies and just bought and 05 GT. I swapped the 2.5 for the 2.0 and now when I start it, it’s pulling codes for cylinder 1 and 3 misfires. I replaced the coils and spark plugs in those two and it didn’t help at all. Any and all help is welcome thank you

:lol::lol::lol: I really hope you had this swap done at a REAL Subaru shop that has done 300 of these with no problems. I have never seen one work 100%, then I see them for sale on market place a year later. Good Luck

What's the condition of the coil wiring harness plugs? Do they seat and latch well? Maybe try swapping injectors from the other side of the engine to see if it's the injectors.

Hi yeah the condition fo the harness is good and they seem to latch well, I just swapped the injectors and nothing changes. I also checked the timing and it’s dead on

:lol::lol::lol: I really hope you had this swap done at a REAL Subaru shop that has done 300 of these with no problems. I have never seen one work 100%, then I see them for sale on market place a year later. Good Luck

<.< >.> The wife's has had zero problems. Though, we didn't go the route of getting exhaust AVCS to work and set the cams static. I have a hard time imagining what kind of trouble a reasonably experienced shop would have with one, aside from the tuning aspect of it.

Reason being that it is possible that a cam pulley (with AVCS) is not sitting properly on the cam. There is a little dowel pin on the cam where the pulley is supposed to sit and get 'locked on'. It is unfortunately pretty easy to mess up that step upon installation. There's a guy on the forum who reported that very issue not that long ago. Timing spot on, injector, spark, coil all good. Ended up being the above.

Hopefully that's not it for you though.

Reason being that it is possible that a cam pulley (with AVCS) is not sitting properly on the cam. There is a little dowel pin on the cam where the pulley is supposed to sit and get 'locked on'. It is unfortunately pretty easy to mess up that step upon installation. There's a guy on the forum who reported that very issue not that long ago. Timing spot on, injector, spark, coil all good. Ended up being the above.

Hopefully that's not it for you though.

I’ll give it a look thanks a lot I didn’t even think of that

<.< >.> The wife's has had zero problems. Though, we didn't go the route of getting exhaust AVCS to work and set the cams static. I have a hard time imagining what kind of trouble a reasonably experienced shop would have with one, aside from the tuning aspect of it.

Great it worked for you, but you seem to know a good amount like I do. The shop that did mine, does EJ207 swaps all the time, and when they are tuned , they are nasty and fast on the road. Never seen anyone have a problem from their swaps.