LegacyGT.com

In the market

I test drove a Legacy GT limited back at Fitz Mall last summer. I was very impressed, but put off the sale because of financial obligations. Now I'm back in the market and targeting a new car buy in the next coming months. I love the Legacy because it's a great mix between luxury and performance, but I have a couple of questions for you owners out there.

1. How is the creaking and rattling in the interior? I've owned mostly old school imprezas and the noises coming from it are driving me insane.

2. What is the road noise like? Loud? Bearable? Can hear a pin drop?

3. Do sedans come with fold down leather seats? I know this question seems strange, but I LOVE having a hatchback. The space, the versatility, etc.

I would really appreciate the discussion especially from people that owned a old school impreza who can relate. :icon_tong

Benny

I have not noticed any creaking or anything on the interior in my 2005 LGT Limited.

Road noise is ok...bearable would probably be the best of those choices. It isnt loud..nothing like an STI, but not as quiet as a $40k BMW.

pretty sure that there are no folding seats on the LGT sedans available. just the pass thru again for 2006...

if you have to have the fold down seats and want a 5 speed, maybe look for a 2005 LGT wagon (they are out there because I just located a few for another member on here) or maybe consider a 2006 WRX wagon.

Road noise with the RE92A tires on my 05 LGT limited wagon is quite good actually. Haven't changed out to anything else yet but others have and can comment. There are absolutely no squeaks or rattles after 20,000 miles. My best friend commented that he thought that my LGT limited wagon was quieter than his Mercedes E-500 sedan. He was very impressed with the interior quietness and equally impressed with the power delivery and smoothness.

There is no comparision, sound-wise between any of my other Subarus and the 4th Gen LGT. The 96 OBS is tight with no squeaks or rattles, but the suspension lets you know that it's not designed as a GT. The 3rd Gen Legacys (two 98 LGT sedans and 99 L Wagon) don't squeak or rattle either but, again, they just don't feel as tight as the 05 LGT and the seats are worlds apart from the 05. My wife's 01 Forester S lets you know that it is designed primarily as a mini-SUV and you feel the bumps and road much more in that than you do any of the other Subes.

From my perspective, the 05 LGT is an amazing car when compared to the other five in the stable and really demonstrates how far Subaru has come in designing, engineering and executing a world-class automobile.

As others have mentioned, it souds like you're looking for the convenience of the wagon. Unfortunately the rear seats in the sedan don't fold down. Best thing you have in the sedan is the ski pass through which isn't much. However, as was also mentioned, if you want the 5MT in a wagon, you'll have to get an 05.

Hope you can join the growing number who have crossed over to the 4th Generation Legacy GT and look forward to hearing your acquisition success story.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Road noise with the RE92A tires on my 05 LGT limited wagon is quite good actually. Haven't changed out to anything else yet but others have and can comment. There are absolutely no squeaks or rattles after 20,000 miles. My best friend commented that he thought that my LGT limited wagon was quieter than his Mercedes E-500 sedan. He was very impressed with the interior quietness and equally impressed with the power delivery and smoothness.

There is no comparision, sound-wise between any of my other Subarus and the 4th Gen LGT. The 96 OBS is tight with no squeaks or rattles, but the suspension lets you know that it's not designed as a GT. The 3rd Gen Legacys (two 98 LGT sedans and 99 L Wagon) don't squeak or rattle either but, again, they just don't feel as tight as the 05 LGT and the seats are worlds apart from the 05. My wife's 01 Forester S lets you know that it is designed primarily as a mini-SUV and you feel the bumps and road much more in that than you do any of the other Subes.

From my perspective, the 05 LGT is an amazing car when compared to the other five in the stable and really demonstrates how far Subaru has come in designing, engineering and executing a world-class automobile.

As others have mentioned, it souds like you're looking for the convenience of the wagon. Unfortunately the rear seats in the sedan don't fold down. Best thing you have in the sedan is the ski pass through which isn't much. However, as was also mentioned, if you want the 5MT in a wagon, you'll have to get an 05.

Hope you can join the growing number who have crossed over to the 4th Generation Legacy GT and look forward to hearing your acquisition success story.

Great post and thank you for all your input. Funny thing is I have a 01 OBS right now and I can't stand the rattling and various creeks. Maybe it's just my tailgate rattle. I should comment AFTER I fix that huh? Other than that, I feel the need to move on, but my current vehicle has shown me the light, wagons. I love them. I love them so much I'm contemplating dumping a nice chunk of money into my OBS to make it a super wagon, but in the end my rational thinking comes back and I realize that it's money down the drain.

If there was a 2005 Garnet Red, Black Interior Leg GT Limited 5 speed on a dealership's lot right now I would do it in a heartbeat, but there isn't and that is probably a good thing :p

Archived