LegacyGT.com

Roof rail swap?

I have an '06 legacy wagon. I have a Thule SquareBar roof rack that is compatible with raised rails. Having flush rails on my wagon, is it possible to swap Outback rails onto the Legacy? After searching the internet, Outback rails are obviously cheaper than a new rack.

I believe that should be possible. Next time your in a parking lot take a look at an Outback.

Years ago I bought the sedan mount kit and wagon mount kit to mount my Thule box.

DSCN5049.thumb.JPG.bc3507ea7f24427200396595565171a9.JPG

I did that so I could move the box forward and open the hatch fully.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have an '06 legacy wagon. I have a Thule SquareBar roof rack that is compatible with raised rails. Having flush rails on my wagon, is it possible to swap Outback rails onto the Legacy? After searching the internet, Outback rails are obviously cheaper than a new rack.
Yes, I just installed legacy rails on my outback. They're surprisingly inexpensive from the dealer. A lot of the outback owners on here would prefer legacy rails so you could likely swap with them

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Yes, I just installed legacy rails on my outback. They're surprisingly inexpensive from the dealer. A lot of the outback owners on here would prefer legacy rails so you could likely swap with them

How bout some part numbers

How bout some part numbers
I can find the part numbers from my order but they'll be legacy. Internet search provided 91151AG03A and 91151AG02A for the outback.https://www.subarupartwholesale.com/p/Subaru__Outback/Roof-Luggage-Carrier-Side-Rail-Left/49308540/91151AG03A.html is a good $100 per side less expensive than most sources.

Yakima Railgrabbers with round bars come up fairly often on Kijiji or Craigslist (or even Facespace). With everyone going to aero roof bars you can find Yaks for cheap.. I got a pair of 50" wide Railgrabbers for $50CDN off Kijiji.