LegacyGT.com

Seat compatibility

Up to 09 impreza seats bolt right in. Later model legacy's don't and I don't think BRZ ones work either.

I've got 07 impreza seats in mine. They sit a little high but are a huge improvement over the original bus bench seats.

DSC_0017.thumb.JPG.928164a601063f30356c7ffdbd91d9e4.JPG

Edited by Brighton96

I put front seats from an 03 or 04 Outback sedan in my 97 wagon and the frames bolted right up.

Even the seat heaters hooked right up. Only problem was the new seats are power sliding and that option wasn't available for 2nd gens. Pretty sure I ended up wiring them to the power window circuit with a 15A fuse in line, but it was a while ago.

Pics below are from before I did the full leather interior swap. I ended up getting leather rear seats from a '99 Outback Ltd.

Funny thing is my interior is almost fully stripped right now because my friend and I are doing bodywork, and to be honest it's kind of fun driving this way, so I almost feel like I wasted all that time and money on the interior because it's all sitting in my attic right now lmao.

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12416

picture.php?albumid=2721&pictureid=12377

• 1 month later...

What I know 1st hand - this applies to US and Canadian models only and only the front seats:

All Legacy (Brighton, L, LS, LSi, GT, SUS) and Outback (Limited, H6, LL Bean, etc.) seats from '90-'04 will interchange as will the '92-'07 Impreza/WRX/Sti and '98-'08 Forester. These will all interchange - bolt-up - between models. You may need to use your existing seat belt buckles. See below for caveats.

I put '00 Legacy OB seats in my '96 Legacy L. - Bolted up, moved over the seat belt, and found a 12v under the seat as the '00 seats were power. Great upgrade, IMHO.

I put '04 WRX seats in my '04 Forester - same fit and airbag connectors. I only did this as the stock were leather, and slippery as heck; the WRX were much more supportive.

I put '02 WRX seats in my '93 Legacy (common upgrade) - but they sit too high, IMHO. I could adjust the driver's height to an acceptable level, but the passenger was not adjustable. They bolted in just fine.

Some models had more/extra bolts on the inside of the seat frames - by the center console, but the 'feet' were all the same, if I remember correctly.

I tried to put '08 Legacy GT seats into a '93 Legacy and they will NOT fit. Bolt holes don't line up. So, '05+ Legacy/OB won't fit older stuff.

• Thanks 1