LegacyGT.com

Transfering a unlimited sirius xm head unit to another car

hallowground

So my 2011 legacy 3.6r limited has the head unit that has the navi and harmon kardon sound system to it. I was just in an accident a few days ago where the entire passenger side was damaged and the back wheel was caught and essentially ripped to the side breaking either the hub, the axle or both. That being said the car may be totalled. The radio however had an unlimited serius xm subscription when i bought the car and it is obviously the better way to go over fm radio.

My question is, would i be able to take the head unit out and radio reciever and put it in a another car and still have that subscription if my insurance would allow me to just purchase those parts back?

I have a 2006 matrix that i have been wanting to upgrade the head unit on because it does not recieve signal well and was curious.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

its not the head unit, its the Sirius XM radio receiver mounted below the head unit. that unit is specific to 5th gen cars and can be installed in other makes AFAIK, but if you had another 5th gen you could transfer it in to that car's dash.

I'd call siriusXM and have them try to transfer the subscription to a different unit for your Matrix.