LegacyGT.com

Crank but wont start

Hello guys, im in desperate need of some help. i was driving my 2000 Legacy GT Limited last week on the fwy doing about 60 mph when all of a sudden with out any sound, check light or strange noise my car died. i have taken it to 3 different shops and they have not found anything wrong with it. they checked all the critical systems and they all check out good. actually one said it was the vehicle speed sensor, changed it and nothing. the other one said it was the crank position sensor, changed it and nothing. i did figure out that there was one injector plugge up so i had them all serviced, put new plugs wires are good, coil is good, new battery and still the car does not start.

Like i said every system was checked also the fule pump and filter were checked and those are good. checked compression that is good, checked timing belt and that is good. i'm getting so frustrated and desperate to get this fixed. car is not sending any check engine codes.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

You haven't mentioned it, but I'm assuming the engine will turn over, but not start, right?

When you say "checked timing belt", what exactly was checked?

Just that it's there or matched up all the timing marks to make sure it's still timed correctly? If the timing jumped multiple teeth on the fwy, it'll look like it's intact, but the timing will be so far out the car will never start.

Assuming you can hear the fuel pump prime when the key is turned on (before starting).

Also, from what I've read before a failed coolant sensor can cause a no-start scenario.

Does it "try" to catch at all? or does it just turn over with no change in sound?

You can take the end caps off the front timing belt cover, then slowly rotate by hand with a big bar and socket on the crank until you can see all the timing marks on the cam pulleys. Then you should be able to compare to images of correct timing.

My son’s OBXT stopped on the freeway one time in a pouring rain. Turns out the air filter was really dirty and then with the rain, it didn’t allow enough air in and the car would start. After the air filter was changed, it started right up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When my timing jumped it was on the highway at high rpm up a mountain. I had a single misfire and that was all it took. It would just barely limp home with no codes.

Given what has been said so far I am voting for jumped timing.