LegacyGT.com

Adjustable/tubular rear trailing arms..

Good day,

Does anyone know if adjustable rear trailing arms for the 2012 up Subaru BRZ will fit the rear of a fifth gen Legacy or Outback?

These or similar..

https://www.tunersports.com/godspeed-project-trailing-arms-ak-122_p71797.html

I am looking to replace the stamped steel stock arms. I like the fact that these have a sealed spherical bearing, rather than a rubber bushing..

Opinions welcome!

When I was researching before buying, it appears that the BRZ arms will fit the 5th gen Legacy.

I got Whiteline KTA216A (fits BRZ too) because it had poly bushings, I did not want sphericals on a daily driver.

The SPC arms use what looks to be a spherical type joint if that's what you are looking for, inexpensive too.

Thanks for your input. These are the trailing arms that im considering, not the LCA's though. (see included link).

With regards to the spherical joint, my SPC LCA's (same otherwise as KTA216A) have these inboard. They are sealed, so I don't mind a sealed joint on a DD. There will be a bit more NVH, but I have many polybushes in the suspension, so its already not as refined as stock.

The sphericals in the Godspeed units are also sealed, and they claim to use NTN bearings, so for the money I'd take a chance..

The sphericals in the Godspeed units are also sealed, and they claim to use NTN bearings, so for the money I'd take a chance..

I put GodSpeed control arms on my 2009 Outback 3.0R a few years ago. All 8 of the boots/seals on the spherical joints split in less than a month... no joke. That said, they have about 50k miles on them and have gone through multiple NY winters and the joints still seem fine. They're almost 100% covered in rust at this point though. Hardly any paint left on them.

Oh sorry, I saw rear arms and BRZ and immediately thought lower arms, didnt click the link. :redface:

Adjustable trailing arms? I get the adjustable toe and lower arms, curious with what trailing arm adjustability brings to the table?

Adjustable trailing arms? I get the adjustable toe and lower arms, curious with what trailing arm adjustability brings to the table?

It seems like something that would only be useful if the car is lifted or lowered an extreme amount. I'm no suspension expert though.

The adjustability (for extremely lowered cars) is not why I want them. I just want the additional rigidity a tubular arm offers over a stamped steel "U" channel stock arm, as well as the spherical bearing rather than a bushing.

I also like the look... (grin).

Just an idea, wanted to know if anyone has tried it.