LegacyGT.com

Front bumper ding

I had a very low speed bender last week-- lady slowly backed into my front bumper. I now have a very slight crease in the front and a small raised smudge under the drivers headlight. I am very depressed about this stupid bender but I am hesitant to have the whole bumper replaced because of the possibility that the black pearl may match initially but over time will not fade the same as the rest of the car. Also I have concerns about paint applied by body shops to plastic parts, as I have seen cars that have paint peeling off . I have been told that one of the keys to good long term paint adhesion is that a proper bonding agent be used before the paint is applied. Any body pros out there have opinions or advice? My local shop will allow me to keep the old bumper.

At the end of the day, it sucks and it hurts when things like this happen. My only advice would be to shop around, talk to a few of the repair places and get a feel for what they are telling you. If you decide to replace yr whole front bar, yes the repair shop should allow you to keep your old/current bar. Hope it all goes well, keep us posted. Adam.

Archived