LegacyGT.com

New TL.

The A6 is nice, but it is so expensive and wouldn't perform nearly the same. I'd still take a G35 if there had to be an alternative. A G35 AWD w/ DVD nav & HID (requires Bose, sunroof, and premium pack) is about $37,700. A RWD/6MT version with the same features is $35,700, and TL ends up at $35,400. If Subaru would get their act together, they could have similar features w/AWD for about $32,000. Doesn't look like that is going to happen now.

It would definitely be a TL or TSX anytime if only they had AWD/Turbo. Being impressed with what they have put out over the years (I've never had any problems with their cars), one can almost never go wrong. I still do not understand why they haven't explored into this market yet since there's not many cars with AWD let alone Turbo combination on the roads besides the Subies, Audis & Volvos. :o

Re: Acura. News is that the new Acura RL should be out by end of year with hybrid 4WD. I know it's different class and price range, but should be an interesting car. The RL will not be based on other Honda platforms. The TL hybrid 4WD should be coming in 2 years or so since the chassis was designed with 4WD in mind but Honda is even more information stingy than Subaru, so timelines are wild guesses.

[quote name='gtguy']AWD adds traction and stability even in the dry. The Legacy is never going to be an Acura TL. If you like that car, and it's a very nice car, btw. get the Acura and drive happy. Just get a picture of the back of a Legacy and tape it to your dash, so that you can get used to it. :lol: Nick, don't make any decisions until you test-drive that Volvo. The handling isn't all that hot, apparently. But man, those seats are niiice, and it's a very well-equipped car, though a bit spendy for me. Kevin[/quote] Nahh i am not. I want to see the Legacy GT and drive it. On the other hand I am not sure how much difference handling it would me for me(I am no racer, just drive spirited, no autox'ing either...) Agreed $41-43k is a nice amount of change. Cheers Nick

Archived