LegacyGT.com

97 Subaru legacy p0500 p1 540 codes

Hi there guys I check engine light came on and I was finally able to get a scanned and both the p1540 and the PO 500 codes came on I know they're both speed sensor related but where are these located on the transmission mine the 97 2.5 with an automatic transmission if you could let me know where this sensor that's causing the problems is located or both sensors I know there's two but I'm not sure if I could identify which one is actually causing the problem I would really appreciate any idea where the location is at so maybe I could go out to the junkyard in pull one off another subie? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks man I appreciate the pictures I thought speed center too was inside the transmission? Shows you how much I know haha... my codes though p1540 and p500 I have been told that p1540 means speed sensor 2 is going bad and that p500 is speed sensor 1 so I wonder if that means both my sensors are going bad but then other people have told me that p1540 just means speed sensor malfunction but then again I don't know which one is actually throwing the p500 code I just might have to replace both of them I guess

Exactly man I think I'm just going to have to replace both sensors just to be sure I believe on the automatic transmission for a 97 it is inside the tranny itself just to be on the safe side you know