LegacyGT.com

Missing plastic clips for plastic panel below steering column

Yeah, unfortunately my advice would be to call the dealership, if you give them the part number for the panel I think that might make their life much easier.

The online parts diagram is surprisingly bad, they don't show the clips for it. You could take a shot in the dark, might be 59185 you see in a few other places(full part number 59130AA000). However, at $2.95 a pop, you're better off pulling out one of the existing ones and getting a bag of generic pop-it's from napa.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru__/60017607__6464264/INSTRUMENT-PANEL-FITTING/B15-660-01.html

Edit: Specs for the 59130AA000 pop-it.

https://www.fastener.zone/products/auveco-14697-1624-subaru-59130aa000

Edit 2: I don't want to make a whole new reply for this, but I was thinking what KJS wrote below.. It would make sense if there aren't supposed to be fasteners/clips there, because they parts diagram below would show them.

panel.thumb.jpg.1f4552ab78fa4bc714b89dd51336ca71.jpg

Edited by apexi

I don’t believe our cars come with anything I’m the hole on the side nearest the driver as for the other hole that’s where the led kit goes. This part tends to fall easily after removal. One option would be to drill a hole on the left side as well considering there is a matching hole on the dash then using interior clip kits to secure but then again it would be a pain to remove. Instead if u slightly bend 1 or the three clips molded to that piece you should get fitment. It’s dangerous if it falls while your on the highway. I have the same problem and I know others with the issue as well it’s a poor design. I even ordered a new one years ago but it never arrived. In the end bending the clips to widen them for more grip helps then I took a flat head in the far left clip which seamed to be the biggest issue with mine while it is up in the dash to get it to grip. Works ok for now I might drill the part to Aline with the left hole and use a clip but for me I have a wiring project that will involve going under there a bunch. Best of luck.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...