LegacyGT.com

OEM Nav Conversion

I picked up a 2010 OEM Nav system for my 2010 legacy GT today at my local junk yard. I only paid about $60 for it but was curious if anyone had done this conversion. Obviously after market options are better and I already have one that I can install. I saw this and thought it would look more appropriate inside. Other than extending the harness to fit it what else would be needed?

I can go back and pull the harness needed from junked car as I’m assuming that I would need it for the GPS.

First of all. HOW did you find a 5-th gen 2010 Legacy at a junk yard? I never see them in my local junk yards. :lol:

Scoring a 2010 Nav system for $60 is a pretty good deal. I think it should be plug-n-play for a 2010. I think they changed the harness up a little bit in 2011+. You may need additional connectors and wiring like you mentioned for the GPS antenna and backup camera.

Edited by ssulb

5th gens are getting more and more common in junk yards as transmissions fail early and are cost prohibitive to change...nobody's putting 5-7k in to their car that's worth 5-7k. my junk yard has 10 5th gens at the moment...really need to make a trip up there and see if there's any goodies i need...