LegacyGT.com

JDM double din folks - did you lose bass?

• 2 weeks later...
There is a chance this will solve your sub problem since your sub amp likely generates its output off of the signal put out to the speaker channels. And something to be aware of, factory speakers are usually a different impedance than aftermarket speakers. I’d try it and see how you like it before making the decision to change.

IT WORKED. THANK YOU. as far as i know and can hear, it seemed to bring the system back to par with stock. Definitely more bassy and volume levels can be cranked to about 25-30 on my HU whereas before it was around 7-10. I guess those low level RCA input made all the difference. I also did read somewhere that the sub doesnt have a true sub connection but instead just takes the low levels of the regular outputs which makes sense why boosting volume will boost bass.

Maybe ill still go ahead with a speaker upgrade regardless lol. I assume even with better speakers ill get even clearer "better" bass even w/o a sub upgrade.

if anyone has speaker suggestions, im all ears

Edited by kaitanium

Good to hear! Speakers are super about preference and with you running them off the stock amp, the results will be a bit different especially with the impedance being different than what aftermarket speakers are. Most aftermarket are 4ohm so you may want to ohm your speakers to see what they are. As for speakers, I’m a JL man myself