LegacyGT.com

'08 BL9 2.5i. - lightly modded.

Hey guys, thought I'd throw a little build thread on my Liberty ( Yes, Aus spec.)

It's an '08 gen 4 2.5i which I believe is the facelift model with projectors and the sweeping dash, 4at at the moment.

xqa8xcJ.jpg

I have had maaaany modified jap imports ranging from an RVR, to S13 silvias, I left jap cars and went to 4wding for a bit, but sick of having to repair or clean the car everytime i went out :lol:

Anyway, It is a completely stock gen 4 when I purchased it, atm I am half way through turbo'ing it. I have a spare EJ20 from an '05 wrx that I am going to build up in due course when I manage to blow this up. I am only chasing 5-6psi on the stock ej253, nothing too fancy, just miss the noises and fun. Plus, getting to spend shed time has been great to get my mind off things that have happened over the last couple of months.

anyways, here's a few photos.

n3kNbQX.jpg

9DNfyMk.jpg

mgrmHA5.jpg

china headers into an up pipe I fabbed. I autocad'd all the flanges I needed and got the local laser cutters to get them cut and sent back. All wrapped in HPP wrap. I have a gt crossmember which all fits so snuggly against the single cam head with only a couple of mm spare. Can also see the hardline that goes to the sump for oil return.

bM9PXEy.jpg

rather basic dump pipe, with a 200 cell cat at the end. all the piping is 2.5" for this setup, as I said, I'm not looking for massive power or anything. It's only a td04l.

TJGiVV9.jpg

Intercooler side done. Hoping by going into a 2.5" I create a little lag and not hit on the rods so hard with the pressure.

got the coils mounted up, wiring harness extended on that side for them. Extended the harness for the rear 02 sensor, and got the main harness that comes through the firewall rerouted so it's away from the turbo.

Reconbobulated the air intake pipe, i'm still toying with it, I wasn't entirely liking it, so still messing around with that.

Ordered some new tie rod ends, replaced the seal on the p/s pump, replaced the passengers cv boot as that had split.

rLoe9Ph.jpg

click link to see first start up and idling.

So today I had my first start up, as per video. Excuse all the smoke coming off, painted pipes, stainless headers and greasy fingers etc.

I let it idle to temp, and then shut it down. I have a oil leak from the oil drain somewhere, so that's future Petes problem at this stage.

Will update few more bits and pieces as i get it done. Sorry if it seems some of doesn't make sense, i've chopped it from other posts :)

Pete.

• 1 month later...

ZDR8L97.jpg

Have been doing a few test runs. Excuse the coilpack wiring out, I was checking a few things and keeping an eye on things.

I've got the 4 psi I wanted, everything else seems good. It's draining well, has a small exhaust leak i'm trying to find, but other then that I am really happy. The fmic is pretty well hidden behind the mandatory front plate here, and the rest of the car looks like a plain old 2.5i liberty.

Done my own 2 catch can setup, and heat wrapped a few more things, unfortuneately I could only get a bloody silver wrap in seamless for the brake booster, so keeping an eye out on black to hide that shit too.

DQwRW8B.jpg

I've ordered the Kobe Motorsports 265l/h pump kit and filters, so when they turn up i'll pop the tank open and have a gander inside there.

Pete.

Edited by rexhunta

Nice work mate. What did you do on the ECU side?

With such little boost I have not worried. Max is 3 psi in all gears atm, until I do headgaskets etc.

I have found a guy in my state who has the ability to crack these now, so i'll throw a fuel pump and a wideband in and just keep an eye on it for now, if he can't get this one to work like the others he had tuned, I'll just go for like a Haltech 2500 or such and then that will give me enough in/out for when I pop this motor, to change to anything else.

• 2 months later...

2oTgv3G.jpg

Kobe Motorsport 265 pump, new filter, serviced everything I could. Basically a DW offset 265.

zJUbGxv.jpg

AEM Wideband installed. I put the bung about halfway on the d/p as instructed,

rRE3G1v.jpg

Current engine bay pic. I will be making a shroud for the pod soon, and remount the catch cans properly.

And last weekend got in to do some interior stuff. Modified the existing unit to accept aux in, sub out, another video out, and whatever my car didn't option with. Also found the updates to the gps maps, so that's all now upgraded.

gPHgC5D.jpg

Pete.