LegacyGT.com

2009 Problem Help?

Hi all, I drive a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. Been driving it for almost a year now with no problems at all, but today that changed as I hopped in my car and turned it on I noticed the check engine, & traction control lights were on as well as the cruise control light blinking. what in the hell is going on with my babygirl?

Hi all, I drive a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. Been driving it for almost a year now with no problems at all, but today that changed as I hopped in my car and turned it on I noticed the check engine, & traction control lights were on as well as the cruise control light blinking. what in the hell is going on with my babygirl?

This should have been posted in the fourth gen section.

But the important light is the check engine light and it can be just about anything including a loose fuel cap. Get the codes read to figure out what's up. The other lights just comes on to scare. With a car that age you should have a code reader.

Also check the coolant for oil and the dipstick for correct level and that the oil is normal.

If you have any kind of unusual noise or loss of power stop using the car right away.

453747.png

Did you recently get gas? Gas cap not tightened enough? I always do at least 2-3 clicks. (Edit: Didn't realize enshils said this) Edited by apexi