LegacyGT.com

Owners Manual

Does anyone know where I would be able to get a copy of the Legacy GT Ltd. owners manual online, preferably in pdf format? I just ordered my Legacy today and was looking to read up on it a bit. Thanks, Joe

An abbreviated version 38 pages) is available as a pdf from Subaru.com under "My Subaru," but to register and see/download it your dealer has to enter your info and the VIN from your car. I can email you that if you wish. Your dealer's parts department could, I guess, sell you one. I know how you feel; before mine arrived i wanted to read everything I could on it.

curious, but does the manual mention anything about the 'cut' in the front bumper, close to the right side foglight? This 'opening' does not seem to appear on the left side (to see what I am talking about, go to the white leg. pictures gallery (2nd page), and look at the picture of the car from Renick Subaru) and you will see what I am talking about. later, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']curious, but does the manual mention anything about the 'cut' in the front bumper, close to the right side foglight? This 'opening' does not seem to appear on the left side (to see what I am talking about, go to the white leg. pictures gallery (2nd page), and look at the picture of the car from Renick Subaru) and you will see what I am talking about. later, i.[/quote] My 2000 has the same thing: The towing hook is behind the panel, and yes my owner's manual covers it... :) Nicolas

thanks, that's what I thought it was for.

Much better placement than the one on the WRX (which was on the top of the bumper).

I guess the lower the tow hook, the better for pulling...

thanks,

i.

There is no tow hook behind it, it's under the bumper. There's some kind of adjuster in there. I looked under the car trying to see where it goes but it's covered up.

This is what it looks like behind the cover.

1892388767_MirrorGT.jpg.bf89bac2eb8cc17357d4ec3eb16b0925.jpg

If you actually read the manual you will find that the tow hook is in the trunk and has to be screwed into that hole you pictured. I do wish the tow hook was a few inches closer to the center so it did not need a cut out in the bumper to be accessed. I just don't like that kind of cut out, it makes it look like the engineers could not get their act togather with the designers and they ended up with a kludge.

[quote name='DAP']If you actually read the manual you will find that the tow hook is in the trunk and has to be screwed into that hole you pictured. I do wish the tow hook was a few inches closer to the center so it did not need a cut out in the bumper to be accessed. I just don't like that kind of cut out, it makes it look like the engineers could not get their act togather with the designers and they ended up with a kludge.[/quote] I'm sorry[img]http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/images/graemlins/not_worthy.gif[/img]....... I'll have to read it cover to cover tonight. I'll report back for the test tomorrow. Should I bring a pencil?

Archived