LegacyGT.com

Thunderhill High Performance Driving School

myUsername

Has anyone attended Thunderhill High Performance Driving School? I'm interested in going. The next session is on the 10th of December and it's $195 plus helmet rental if you don't own one. Link here. I know it's not Skip Barber's, but the price is also considerably lower. I'm only looking to help me on my daily driving; especially driving an AWD. I'm hoping that if it rains that the instructor will be able to give pointers during wet conditions.

If you're in NorCal, let me know if you're also interested in going.

I've run with that group before, it's a great group. Good instructors, lots of track time. I've attended a few track days, with instructors and without. That was my second time at t-hill. My first time there, I drove my Talon at an open track day with no instruction, and little organization. It was literaly an "open track," no run groups, no driver or car class separation, and no rules other then "no contact." Very tough to learn a new track when you are sharing it with everyone from first timers to guys in full blown race cars. In addition, there were no run groups, so people were on warm up laps, cool down laps, and full speed laps at the same time. It was hard to get comfortable. I was suprised the event was incident free.

The last time I went, it was with the high performance driving school. It was well organized, and everyone had instructors. That part was nice, because some of the people who need them the most are the ones who don't use them. Instructors in every car keeps people in check, and allows beginners to concentrate on learning the track. I drove a friend's heavily modded EVO, and it was my first time on full race tires, so I planned on being extra conservative. But the great instruction made it easy, and I was comfortable enough to push the car to the limit. The only drawback was that there was a lot of traffic with limited passing zones. The EVO was so quick my instructor was having me come to almost a stop on the front strait and wait for clear track so we wouldn't get held up. I'll definitly run with that group again. Thunderhill is a great track, and is pretty beginner friendly too.

Thunderhill is the first and only track I've ever driven on. I attended the performance driving school maybe two years ago with my '65 mustang. I definately agree with AWDPower, the instruction is awesome and the program is very beginnner friendly. As a beginner on the track, you only drive half the track, which makes it very easy to learn. I highly recommend Thunderhill and plan on going back now that I have this pretty Spec B.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Our beginning class is full. To register you need to do it in advance. The sooner you sign up the better. If you would look at our schedule for 2006 you will see when the next school is available.

Sorry about it being full hopefully can get you in the next one.

Colleen

I guess I'm going to have to wait until the next session. Darn it. Maybe we can get a group together for next time.

I don't like it. I did my first trackday with them when I was a track n00b, so I had no idea what I was doing. They didnt assign any instructors, I just got different random instructors for each session. And they don't coordinate with each other, so I got conflicting instructions, which just suck when you're a n00b.

Archived