LegacyGT.com

FS (MA): Stock intake manifold

This manifold is popular with some of the WRX guys. You might have better luck on NASIOC.

I have been following a years long thread in the Built Motor section on intake manifold flow numbers.

This is a good performer within the stock offerings. There are better after market manifolds of course, but OEM wise this has a very little deviation cylinder to cylinder compared to a WRX or STI manifold and has more plenum volume as well.

GLWS

Yes... That thread is 30-ish pages long so there is a lot to digest. I just re-read most of it last week so it is fresh in my head.

But the two plastic (LGT, and 2008+ WRX) are very good stock options. The only one that is "better" (very subjective, there are 30 pages of debate) based on some the flow numbers was the NA large plenum long runner manifold.

These are a little harder to get and fit since there some of the mounting holes need to be ovaled out, and then there is the whole injector type and TGV compatibility, you need a 19mm spacer for AVCS heads, then there is hood clearance to consider, etc...

Point being the plastic manifolds are good upgrades over the WRX manifold. They transfer less heat have a cleaner interior casting surface, bolt up to the TGVs, and have good distribution, low profile, etc.

For serious power people are using the Process West manifold and a few other options, but this is big power numbers 600+ hp. For your average street build with the fewest headaches the "plastic fantastic" is still a very good option.

Sorry for the long reply, but there was a lot of information that is useful but is in 30 pages of bickering, I tried to condense it down as best as I could.

Final point LGT manifold = good.

I think I knew all that but forgot :)

Tell me about it. I am the original owner of my Legacy, and it does not feel like that much time as passed, but it has...

There is a lot of information to learn and unfortunately when if comes to technical details and memory use it or lose it is a reality.

Tell me about it. I am the original owner of my Legacy, and it does not feel like that much time as passed, but it has...

There is a lot of information to learn and unfortunately when if comes to technical details and memory use it or lose it is a reality.

So I am. Closing on 15 years.....

unclemat, you're selling a lot of stuff lately :hide:

Free bump :)

Yeah, too many cars, too many parts, not enough time...

• 1 month later...