LegacyGT.com

Rear end clicking

Ok, my 08 legacy non turbo again. I changed the rear driver side bearing and must’ve screwed something up because it started clicking afterwards. Took it to Les Schwab and they said it’s the wheel bearing, I didn’t think it sounded like a bearing, but maybe a CV axle, but to be safe and rid of it, I bought a new bearing AND a new CV axle and changed them both. 3 hours later, I finished and lo and behold, it’s still ******* there. I’ll attach a video of the sound, if anybody could identify it, I will love you forever.

I just left my car off and put it in neutral, and pushed it. It doesn’t make a sound like that, nor does it make noise while on, but idle. Only when the car is turning the wheels itself.

Edited by Stphnhrrng

Edit: I just realized instead of pulling a fuse, you actually install one into an empty spot.

I can't identify it. But just for grins sometime if you get bored, I'd be curious to see what happens when you go for a spin with the awd fuse pulled.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5066134&postcount=4

I didn’t know you could do that, that’s actually pretty sick. I wonder if I could narrow down the possibilities by doing that

Edit: I just read somewhere that it’s only for the automatic transmissions. That’s the first time I’ve been bummed about having a manual trans

Edited by Stphnhrrng

Ah I didn't realize you had a MT. Just out of curiosity, all four tires have roughly the same tread depth, within 2/32"?

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/tire-circumference-spec-confirmed-by-subaru-techtips.30110/#lg=thread-30110&slide=0

I believe so, they’re all the same kind of tire put on at the same time, I haven’t actually measured them though so maybe they wear a little different. Tread is getting a little low so I was going to have Les Schwab change them all since I have a set of 4 brand new tires just sitting here. There was no noise until I changed a wheel bearing on the rear driver side though, so I figured I messed something up, but I've taken it apart and out it back together again when I changed the bearing and CV axle again and I didn’t see anywhere that had any wear or see anything that was out of place. The only thing I know for sure got messed up was the ABS sensor broke in half when I pulled it from the hub the first time around, I made sure no pieces of it were still in there though and Idk how that could make any noise