LegacyGT.com

HVAC blower fan question

I have a 17 Legacy Limited. I have noticed my HVAC blower has started to make what sounds like bearing noise. I am mechanically inclined and have seen the process of swapping the fan out to be relatively straight forward.

My question lies with the replacement blower, itself. The factory blower from Subaru is approx. $120. I have seen aftermarket ones in the range of $70ish. I have an extended warranty on this car that will cover the repair, but has a $100 deductible. I have no problem with doing the repair myself IF the aftermarket fans are of quality. I don’t feel like changing it out with aftermarket and it start to make noise in a year. Has anyone had good luck with aftermarket fans and if so, could you send me a link of the one you used? Should I just have the garage do it with a factory replacement and pay more?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pay the $100 and have a Subaru dealer do it. (How long do you plan to keep the car? Is your "extended warranty" a Subaru Added Security plan, or some third-party agreement?) Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Pay the $100 and have a Subaru dealer do it. (How long do you plan to keep the car? Is your "extended warranty" a Subaru Added Security plan, or some third-party agreement?)

I bought the car used from a Subaru dealership...warranty is 3rd party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro