LegacyGT.com

Clutch fork and TSK throwout bearing question

I am slowly getting my car back together and I reached the point of needing to install the clutch fork and TSK snout sleeve/throwout. I purchased a new Versus engineering clutch fork and it seems to have some compatibility issues with the TSK bearing. Basically the Versus fork does not have hollow sections where it would mate with the throwout. It is a solid piece, yet the TSK bearing has a metal spring clip on it (which is odd cause the stock one does not have that). the only way I can get it to work happily is if I mount the fork backwards. which is a no go for reasons.

Has anyone else in the forums used the Versus fork with the TSK throwout bearing? If so how did you make it work correctly?

TSK kit:

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/pdm-tsk3-snout-throwout-bearing-and-sleeve-repair-kit-subaru-wrx-legacy-gt-forester-xt

Clutch fork:

https://www.verus-engineering.com/shop/product/a0163a-forged-clutch-fork-wrx-1108

Never done a clutch, but I want to type my thoughts.

Looking at pictures of both the subaru TOB next to the tsk3, they basically look the same from the back if you remove the spring, they both have that metal finger I put a red box around to secure it to the clutch fork. I wonder if you can just remove that spring and call it good..? I wonder what pdm usa and versus would say.

^ he's right about the install instructions but I wanted to clarify after doing the ;'07 LGT SMFW and Exedy OEM replacement clutch with the TSK3 kit...

DO NOT USE THE CLIP ON THE TSK3 KIT'S THROWOUT BEARING!!!!!!

Ask me how I know....%$#*!

^ resulted in a dead feel to the pedal until 3/4 of the way off the floor, then it engaged immediately. My guess is that the first 3/4 of the pedal was compressing the spring itself and not doing anything to the clutch...

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tsk3-kit-and-release-bearing-question-157669.html

bearings.thumb.jpg.cfbf9ae669c53a6fcf13415db3209e79.jpg

Interesting find! I was trying to search on here but could not find anything. Seems my search abilities are lacking.

I went ahead and called PDMUSA and the 2 guys I spoke to gave me some info. With the Versus clutch fork and probably any upgraded clutch fork they said to run without the spring clip. I was told the spring clip design is to help with premature throwout bearing failure. Where the throwout will disintegrate after getting stuck to the pressure plate I was told.

Very interesting, thanks for the info. I kinda wonder if the guy in my quote above installed the tsk bearing with the springs on top of the clutch fork, instead of having the clips hooked around the back on the bottom.