LegacyGT.com

Getting stock or lifted height with coilovers

I have a BP5 Legacy GT wagon. I bought it from the previous owner with tein coilovers already installed. Right now it's set quite low, which is fine atm, but I'm wanting to take it up the mountain for next year's ski season, as well as general driving. Not sure how to go about lifting it without ruining the look, but I would like to keep the adjustability of the coilovers.

One of my thoughts is to put in 1 inch lift spacers which would bring it back to stock ride height as the max recommended height of the coilovers is -1 inch.

1578527510_Teincoiloversinfo.thumb.PNG.15a0be278c7760d98a510ecb73a03d29.PNG

Anyone else gone through the same situation? Wondering what other people have done to achieve it.

I might be wrong but don’t most lift kit spacers sit underneath the top hat of your strut assembly? That wouldn’t work with a coilover.

Have you raised the existing set of coilovers all the way up?

There are ways to lift these cars if you like. Using Ralllitek lift springs and stock struts is usually the way of doing that. If your Teins have more than 20K miles on them then they’re probably pretty clapped by now anyways.

For these cars the lift spacers go on top of the mounts so you probably will need longer studs. Stock mounts need longer studs for spacers thicker than about 1/4" or 3/8" in the rear* and probably for any spacer in the front.

*people say 3/8" is fine without longer studs but mine only had 1/4" spacers and the top thread was not showing above the nut, which imo is not safe. I upsized to 1/2" spacers and new bolts where included to replace the studs.