LegacyGT.com

ECU / Self-Shutoff Control Help!!!

I prefer to stay away from the ecu for connections since they can be easily damaged. You can use the thick green wire at the ignition switch harness coming down the steering column. If you run a wire from the column to the passenger footwell add a 5 amp fuse.

I prefer to stay away from the ecu for connections since they can be easily damaged. You can use the thick green wire at the ignition switch harness coming down the steering column. If you run a wire from the column to the passenger footwell add a 5 amp fuse.

Dave - You make a good point but I already tapped in and the relay is clicking, so I'm thinking the issue is on the load side of the relay. If you strongly advise getting power elsewhere regardless, I'll do so, but it seems to be working fine.

Here's what I'm thinking - maybe instead of having the cut ends of the wire on 87 and 30, I should have one end of the wire (I'm thinking the end that's not on the ECU side) on say 87 and the the other (30) to a direct ground.

What are your thoughts?

Also, if you think this is a good idea, would it be fine to use another ring terminal and put both of the chassis ground wires connected to the relay on the same bolt?

Edited by darkstarxi

I did what I said in my last post - 87 & 30 going between chassis ground and the non-ECU side of the cut self-shutoff control wire. Didn't change the IGN source. Used the same ground point for both ground wires.

So far, so good!!!

A million thanks to Brandon and to Dave.

I’d at least temporarily run a wire from the column to the relay just to make sure the ign source at the ecu isn’t the issue. You could set it up with the ground like you said but the relay is no different than flipping the switch that was there before so I don’t think it would make a difference. Also maybe relocate the ground off of the bracket.

I did what I said in my last post - 87 & 30 going between chassis ground and the non-ECU side of the cut self-shutoff control wire. Didn't change the IGN source. Used the same ground point for both ground wires.

So far, so good!!!

A million thanks to Brandon and to Dave.

Awesome! Good work!