LegacyGT.com

COBB regular maps vs SF maps

Hey guys, how's it going?

Recently picked up my LGT. Got an invidia catless dp, sti uppipe, and cobb intake on it so far.

Just wanted to drop a quick question about the cobb maps. Do you guys run your regular stage map or the SF map?

Currently running the stage 1 + sf map but I've heard mixed things about the SF maps. Might switch to the regular stage 1 map.

Thanks for the response guys. Yeah I still have the stock exhaust but used the grimmspeed adapter to hook it up to the dp. Wasn't sure what stage to flash it to so I did stage 1 just incase, will put it on stage 2.

Yeah it's the maps that use the cobb sf intake. I've heard people using that map get wacky afr's and worse mileage, so I was curious if anyone's experience anything like that. My afr's have been pretty accurate though.

If you can put the stock cold air intake back on, its good till about 400hp.

I have changed the exhaust from the DP back a number of times with no effect on the tune.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The stock intake will cause fewer issues such as boost creep when dealing with a relatively unmodified car like yours. I’d keep the stock one in for now. As for tuning, the Cobb OTS tunes are for Cobb’s parts, so I would recommend getting the car tuned properly by a professional instead as you aren’t using their downpipe, etc. Where are you located? Lots here can give you some insight as to who should tune your car in your area.

The stock intake will cause fewer issues such as boost creep when dealing with a relatively unmodified car like yours. I’d keep the stock one in for now. As for tuning, the Cobb OTS tunes are for Cobb’s parts, so I would recommend getting the car tuned properly by a professional instead as you aren’t using their downpipe, etc. Where are you located? Lots here can give you some insight as to who should tune your car in your area.

Yeah I think I'm just gonna put the stock intake back in and run it with the regular stage 2 tune for now.

I'm located in Toronto, Ontario so kinda far out from you guys.