LegacyGT.com

2015 2.5L Oil Consumption

for some reason my car does not qualify for the oil consumption warranty test

From the link you provided:

1. Which vehicles receive the benefits of the warranty enhancement program?

certain 2013 to 2014 legacy and outback

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Supposedly it's just those particular years that have "defective piston rings" which cause increased consumption.

I bought my '09 legacy with 3 miles, and it has always consumed oil, especially once the oil thins out a little and has more than 4000km on it, or with highway driving, or with hot weather. What oil do you use? I'd step up to something thicker.

I've come to the conclusion that subaru literally gives zero F's about owners once their cars get a little older, or have more miles on them. They're too busy catering to, and sending free crap to new owners .

My frustration stems from a botched rear main seal replacement by a dealer, and SOA doesn't give a crap, fixated on how many miles my car has on it, as if that makes any difference. I know you're in Canada and subaru of canada might be different though.

My 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5L is consuming about 1qt of oil every 1000km ( not miles). It has about 140 000km,I did every service on time.

That is indeed unusually high oil consumption. Easy things first. Have you tried replacing the PCV valve? Have you checked for leaks?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png