LegacyGT.com

Life of our RE92s???

V-Power

Just a quick hit here before this gets dropped in the Wheels/Tires thread.

How many miles did you get out of your stock RE92s before replacing?

I've put on 8k miles in 4mos ... looks like I'll be lucky to get to 16kmi before getting Pirelli Zero Neros.

Thanks!

I've had mine for almost a year and a half and got over 36k on them. To be honest they are fine. They were rotated every 8-10k. My driving has been usually 80% highway though. I could run them for quite a bit more. They have however gotten scarier in the snow since that initial layer is worn off. Last year, when they were new they were fine, but this year it is noticably worse. I will be getting snows this year.

Howsdat? Totalled the car?

I yanked them off the car when I sold my SSR's from my Rx-8 to buy my Volks. I then yanked them off the stock rims to put on Nokian WR's for the winter. The place I got my WR's gave me $25 credit per tire for the RE92's. I was affraid I'd have to pay them to keep em. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

This may sound like sacrilege or maybe I'm *$#%in crazy, but my RE-92's seem to be getting better, at least on dry roads. When they were pretty new (About 1K miles) I tried pushing the LGT on a particular expressway entrance cloverleaf (my state-supplied test skidpad). The car got positively "squirrelly" at 41-42 mph with the front-end "pushing" and then beginning to break away. Now, with 8K on the tires, the car can do 45-46 mph on the same cloverleaf, and feels a little more solid. The tires have only worn about 10-15%, so I'm surprised they feel that much better. I'm still running the same pressures (37F/35R), although the weather is a little cooler now.

At current wear rates, these tires will last 35-40K miles, but Will probably be replaced with Goodyear F1-GS D3's first.

Just put a set of Blizzak LM-25's on ASA-JH3 17X7.5 wheels on for the winter. The wheels look pretty nice (better than stock), but they are heavy. It hasn't snowed yet, but I want to be ready.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

I do the same as Jedi. Great winter rims and tires. I put the Blizzaks on the wife's 4 runner because that is the family rig. If you know how to drive the tires really make for a decent winter tire/rim set up

I do miss the look of my ssr 18" but it will be like getting a new set of rims in the springPatrick

This may sound like sacrilege or maybe I'm *$#%in crazy, but my RE-92's seem to be getting better, at least on dry roads. When they were pretty new (About 1K miles) I tried pushing the LGT on a particular expressway entrance cloverleaf (my state-supplied test skidpad). The car got positively "squirrelly" at 41-42 mph with the front-end "pushing" and then beginning to break away. Now, with 8K on the tires, the car can ...

I'm with you on this ... I just hit 8k and the grip has improved, too. But I did purchase the car during the dead heat of summer (Texas) and I was sliding everywhere when pushing the car. The RE92s do like cooler pavement! Thanks for sharing.

Archived