LegacyGT.com

Otg + charging solution for btssm w/ vag-com?

I have been trying to run the BtSsm app on my Android Fire 7 tablet which I modified into a true Android tablet ti see if it would work. I was able to install the app on it, and selected the proper user interface which is AP 2.0, but now the app states: “USB device not available”..

Edited by RumblyXT

2 hours ago, RumblyXT said:

I have been trying to run the BtSsm app on my Android Fire 7 tablet which I modified into a true Android tablet ti see if it would work. I was able to install the app on it, and selected the proper user interface which is AP 2.0, but now the app states: “USB device not available”..

Welcome to my world lol. I haven’t been able to get btssm to work on my nexus 7 for a while now. I get the same error, tried new cables, factory reset the tablet and re-installed the app and still the same thing. I figured it was my tablet 

Try contacting the app support and see what they say, they do answer the emails.

Also, it seems like they have a new free version of the app now with adds.

I thought it was $15? But when I went to pay for it, it was free to download. Correct me if I'm wrong, I want to make sure I'm not downloading the wrong one, pretty sure the one I downloaded is the only one available in the Play Store.

I’m emailing back/forward with BtSsm app support. Seems I’m very close to getting the app to work on my tablet, and yes it’s free now!

I’m thinking the new free app may be giving problems for some since it’s a new version.

I went into my tablet’s Developer Options settings (now available) and it seems I have to enable USB data transfer for the app to recognize my OP2.0

BtSsm support told me to check the tablet OTG compatibility via the app “OTG?” and it looks like it works ok too..

The only thing is, the tablet keeps displaying “USB device not available”

I will check again tomorrow morning if it works when connected to the car.

Update: I tried changing a few settings in the tablet developer mode and it the app settings itself, but nothing has worked so far.. it's weird because it looks like the Tablet is ready to go all things checked out, not sure if it's the new version of the app that is presenting the USB issues. 

Edited by RumblyXT

Just a follow up update on this BtSsm stuff.. I have been keeping in touch with the vendor to find a possible solution on what's going on, he has been super helpful responding questions. I mentioned other forum members were having the same issue with their other Android devices as well.

Vendor ran his own 'OTG?' app to show if there are any issues. I downloaded the same app, and I'm not getting the data he did highlighted in yellow.

Vendor suggested I get another OTG to USB-C adapter..

7D518041-9389-497E-BB46-6F149E567C99.jpeg
He was kind enough to send me a free adapter to try out. We’ll see..

2E6179F2-060E-44EB-8E71-A3C4D4432B9D.jpeg

This is what I get when I ran his UTG? app.. This time I was trying a Nokia X100 phone

B981A950-3678-4698-82BC-D26E96A21F37.jpeg

Edited by RumblyXT
  • Like 1

Just get a small (USB female to USB-C adapter) and connect it to the OTG cable that goes to the Taxtrix Open Port.

I don't have a charging option yet. What I'm doing is charging the tablet and using it while driving to monitor, not leaving it in the car.

I’m holding the tablet with doble sided velcro tape.

Notice the small cable adapter the Vendor sent me, the one directly connected to the tablet. That’s what made it work!

“Perseverance, secret of all triumphs.”

- Victor Hugo

402E5E0F-2896-4298-B5D4-07EFA050967E.jpeg

23B006FC-089A-4AA2-8AF7-B27DB4C8B634.jpeg

Edited by RumblyXT

It should work on your Nexus 7 too. I have the latest version of Android on my Amazon tablet and Nokia phone and it works fine.

Very cool to have the BtSsm app back. I need to play around with it.. what parameters do you guys usually monitor on it? Same as when doing an eTune?

Seems you can only fit so many parameters in a regular size phone, the 7” tablet seems way better.

So can we dedicate this thread to BtSsm logs, suggestions & comments? Since the old threads got deleted..