LegacyGT.com

Leather

There was a thread on what type of leather care produuct to use and I thought I'd share what I found.

On a Land Rover, I used to use Waxoyl or Armor All. The leather of a rover is shiny and these products kept the slick finish.

The leather on my OBXT is a bit more muted. If I used those products, it might ruin the finish. I found Lexol leather conditioner at a Pep Boys keeps the finish. I tested it out in the back first and then the front. It works well.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a good product to use on the taupe / beige OB leather as well. I tried the Eagle One Leather Care Cleaner and Conditioner. It left a bit "oily" feeling. I'm not really sure if this is good or bad (I'm new in all this leather detailing). Or maybe I applied to much of it :icon_frow

Feedback appreciated...

klaus.

I've got some leather care advice on OCDetails.com if you are interested in my thoughts. Lexol is nice and everything, but my opinion is it smells like goat urine and I don't want that in my car. Leatherique is another good brand that you can sometimes find on the shelf. Other brands that have to be ordered like Pinnacle, Four Star, Wolfgang and Zaino leave the car smelling like new leather and they work great to boot. You can't beat that. :) I haven't found an 'over the counter' leather care product that pleases me like some of the products I've ordered online.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've got some leather care advice on OCDetails.com if you are interested in my thoughts.

He, he, of course I'm interested :)

Lexol is nice and everything, but my opinion is it smells like goat urine and I don't want that in my car. Leatherique is another good brand that you can sometimes find on the shelf. Other brands that have to be ordered like Pinnacle, Four Star, Wolfgang and Zaino leave the car smelling like new leather and they work great to boot. You can't beat that. :) I haven't found an 'over the counter' leather care product that pleases me like some of the products I've ordered online.

Noted. Changing the conditioner.

Archived