LegacyGT.com

Is Michelin Crossclimate+ fits 2015 legacy 2.5i premium?

I'm currently looking for new tires to replace the original tires and am interested in Michelin Crossclimate+. However, when visiting the Michelin website, it indicated this tire doesn't fit, but while looking at Tirerack or some other websites, it said it fits.

I looked at the tire spec and found tread width has bigger gap which Michelin has 6.8" but the original tires has 7.4". The other one is the speeding rate which Michelin is W but the original one is V. (Should not be a problem...)

I called the CS of Michelin but she couldn't answer it...

Does someone know the reason it doesn't fit or does anyone is using this tire on your 2015 legacy and has no problems so far? Thank you!

Just talk to the guys who are going to mount and balance it for you. Let us know though. I'm interested in these tires for next year when I'll need to replace my current ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
Just talk to the guys who are going to mount and balance it for you. Let us know though. I'm interested in these tires for next year when I'll need to replace my current ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I have the '17 limited and had to get the Crossclimate SUV tires. They do have a lower expected life so we'll see how long they last (I got them last fall). But I do love them in the snow.

why did you get the suv version? there wasn't an option to go a little wider?

I'm looking at the crossclimate2 as my next tire.

or the nokian wr g4.

They didn't have the 2s yet and I don't think they had anything wide enough. I bought them from tire rack and that was the only cross climate that fit according to them. Now if you look the 2s are an option but according to the installer, they were having some major tire issues due to covid or something so idk lol

• 3 weeks later...
I'm currently looking for new tires to replace the original tires and am interested in Michelin Crossclimate+. However, when visiting the Michelin website, it indicated this tire doesn't fit, but while looking at Tirerack or some other websites, it said it fits.

I looked at the tire spec and found tread width has bigger gap which Michelin has 6.8" but the original tires has 7.4". The other one is the speeding rate which Michelin is W but the original one is V. (Should not be a problem...)

I called the CS of Michelin but she couldn't answer it...

Does someone know the reason it doesn't fit or does anyone is using this tire on your 2015 legacy and has no problems so far? Thank you!

Check that site again, sometimes they say the width of the wheel tested. Depending of the wheel width the width of the tire will change. I can bet the wheel tested width was 7" and you have 7.5" so the lost width will be pulled in with side wall.

The Cross Climate are very good tires, but one thing you want to consider is that the steering feel will be very light with them. Watch the tirerack video when they compare Cross Climate with other tires. I hated my new legacy for the first 35.000 miles on good year assurance all-season 225 55 17 the steering was so light and unbelievably responsive. Now the tires are 1/2 way worn out and threads are shorter so less flexing. The steering feel improved. Then I researched some reviews and now I see that good year assurance is probably one of the lightest tires on the market at 20lb for my size. And that is great thing for fuel economy, acceleration, braking, transmission in the long run etc.

Edited by aki334