LegacyGT.com

Broken compressor blades

When the intake manifold is lifted the turbo intake tube will be easier to replace.

The oil cooler, I think its one of those, cheap insurance to replace it, I know its like $240.00 but the piece of mind...may be worth it.

The IAG kit or if your handy, you can buy the parts and make up your own oil line with a inline filter.

So I've been thinking while waiting on the turbo rebuild. If I replace the oil cooler, shouldn't I replace the oil pan as well? Or does the latest logic say you can now get those clean?

I don't want to go overboard thinking I'm seeing ghosts under the bed, but I don't wanna shortcut it either. The more I read on here, the more it drives home Vsquirrel's point about rabbit holes.

BTW - there was no filter in the banjo feeding the turbo. Am I to interpret your advice to add one if it isn't there?

Edited by THM
another point

So I've been thinking while waiting on the turbo rebuild. If I replace the oil cooler, shouldn't I replace the oil pan as well? Or does the latest logic say you can now get those clean?

I don't want to go overboard thinking I'm seeing ghosts under the bed, but I don't wanna shortcut it either. The more I read on here, the more it drives home Vsquirrel's point about rabbit holes.

BTW - there was no filter in the banjo feeding the turbo. Am I to interpret your advice to add one if it isn't there?

If your not sure there is no metal in the oil system, a in-line oil filter to the turbo will protect it.

It should be easy to find some AN fittings, make a line up with a filter and then a line to the turbo.

Thinking more, you could remove the AN nut at that junction before the turbo, bend that to the outside, make up your line in a loop with a filter and connect it to the AN fitting you removed/disconnected that supplies the turbo.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here