LegacyGT.com

Repair Shop In SF Bay

Hey all,

So after replacing the thermostat and radiator in my 2005 lgt wagon, overheating problems still persist and steam can be seen coming through the tail pipe. This leads me to believe the head gasket is blown. I wanted to see if any forum members here know of a good shop in the SF Bay Area where i might get a good head gasket job done for cheap (Preferably on the peninsula).

I'm not super familiar with the geography of that particular part of California, but I've heard good things about LIC Motorsports. It was recommended to me as an emergency shop to visit should I break down when I was planning a drive to Los Angeles :lol:

Have you checked your oil for milkshaky-ness? And your actual heads to see if they're dry?

I usually do my own repairs, but had a very good experience with K&C auto Service in San Francisco (415) 882-1608 My AC was not putting out cold air, they diagnosed a defective relay and resolved the issue. They could have told me anything, they work on a lot of Subarus and are straight shooters.