LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on my future build?

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum but have I have read a ton of post on here the last few years. I recently realized how much I like my LGT as I have been contemplating trading it for an STI. As far as I know I own the only 5th gen GT in my area. Anyways, I plan to install a few mods within the next few weeks and would like to post my thoughts to see if I am on the right track.

Mods in consideration are

1. BNR 18g turbo

2. Southbend clutch (08-XX WRX/ Outback???)

3. DW200 fuel pump

4. EBCS (not certain of brand yet)

5. Catless DP (I like loud lol and we have absolutely no vehicle inspections anymore)

6. Tune

The closest tuner to me is about 130-145 minutes away so is it possible to "limp" there with parts installed or is it possible for a tuner to send me a tune to get there with.

Welcome!

You may want to decide first if you will replace the LGT with an STI anytime soon. Lots wont carry over and you can just use the money you save towards the STI and mods.

That said, a few have done similar to your list here. I think you will need bigger injectors with that though.

Yes tuners can give you a "get there" tune, usually with the caveat to get there with a light foot though. Or have you send logs and do a remote tune.

Welcome!

I would forgo the catless downpipe regardless of inspection, it will make your and your tuners life so much easier. And since you probably see at least some freezing temperatures in the winter you will want some heardroom on the tune to keep from overboosting. In Florida "winters" I usually see a .5-1.5 psi spike in boost.

Also, there may still be a slightly used 20g in the marketplace, for the price I would jump on it over the 18g at full price. You will make slightly more top end at the cost of a few hundred rpm on the bottom. With a good tune and supporting mods you would likely never tell the difference.

Welcome!

I would forgo the catless downpipe regardless of inspection, it will make your and your tuners life so much easier. And since you probably see at least some freezing temperatures in the winter you will want some heardroom on the tune to keep from overboosting. In Florida "winters" I usually see a .5-1.5 psi spike in boost.

Also, there may still be a slightly used 20g in the marketplace, for the price I would jump on it over the 18g at full price. You will make slightly more top end at the cost of a few hundred rpm on the bottom. With a good tune and supporting mods you would likely never tell the difference.

20g still available if you’re interested! Pm me and we’ll talk on pricing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk