LegacyGT.com

New rotor scraping sound

Elijah51413

• 3 weeks later...
I would check your wheel hub is in good condition. Could be the actual noise you're hearing is the bearing failing. Mine was suspect when I put the suspension back on with the used wheel hubs. It's making a terrible grinding noise intermittently at low speeds now. Pretty sure it's the bearing or causing the pad to contact the rotor because of it failing. Going to be replacing it soon. Edited by SpecDubC

Also check the backing plate behind the rotor. Its sandwiched between the hub and the knuckle and will make a scraping noise if the rotor contacts it through a rotation. If the plate is bent and you can identify where its happening, you might be able to get away with pushing it back into position by hand. Dont even need to jack the car up!

• 2 weeks later...
Also check the backing plate behind the rotor. Its sandwiched between the hub and the knuckle and will make a scraping noise if the rotor contacts it through a rotation. If the plate is bent and you can identify where its happening, you might be able to get away with pushing it back into position by hand. Dont even need to jack the car up!
Second this, sometimes a rock can get wedged in there and cause some horrible noise, my friend removed his off his bugeye because of this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...