LegacyGT.com

Crazy feedback knock

Around 2k to 3k rpm I get a stutter I’ve been trying to diagnose. It is not a violent stutter, but definite loss in power until higher rpms (normal at 3k to 3.2k)Today, a relatively hot day, I noticed the stutter much more dramatically and noticed that, while stuttering, my feedback knock reached all the way to -11. My DAM stayed at 1. I’ve researched this but haven’t found anything quite like this. Running a stage 1 ots accessport tune. Also have a custom exhaust from the stock dp back (stutter happened before the exhaust and tune, but seemed less dramatic.) Stock air filter. Another issue is that my af learning 1 idles at +9.59 and sometimes higher when warm if that may be a correlation. Just changed the plugs with no change. The issue does get better when I reflash my ecu,but comes back quickly. Sometimes after just one drive. Also had a p0420 before I changed o2 sensors. Cel hasn’t come back on yet but it’s not been long since the sensor install.

My thoughts... possible bad knock sensor since my DAM is consistent. If not, knock may be picked up while stuttering strictly from the stutter itself? Or, something is seriously wrong and I need to get to the bottom of it fast, as this is my daily driver. May be worth mentioning that there was a bit of oil on 2 of my old plugs, which I hear is normal, but figured I’d make sure.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A severe amount of oil indicates piston ring wear, or something akin to it. You could also have a bad valve cover gasket/tube seals.

I'd recommend doing a compression test before you throw money at solving this issue.

Will do. The amount of oil wasn't excessive. There was a slight bit resting on the porcelain, but it was enough to be transfered to my finger. I didn't see any on or inside the coils or any coming out of their home.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk