LegacyGT.com

SPC adjustable rear control arm Legacy gt

So I purchased this SPC adjustable control arm kit from emnotek not realizing that I may also need an adjustable rear lower control arm. That is probably why whiteline sells the whole K124 kit with lateral front and rear arms because you need both to make any type of adjustment. Is my assumption correct? Do I need both the lateral arm and rear lower control arm to be adjustable? The only option I have seen for my car is the Godspeed or Megan race Control arm, which I just don’t know that I trust them. I’m kind of upset with myself for not just buying the whiteline k124 kit to begin with.

This is what I have:

https://emnotek.com/products/spc-adjustable-rear-control-arm-legacy-outback-2000-2009

Do I need to pair my kit with something like this to adjust rear camber? Are they any other options?

https://meganracing.com/suspension/type-suspension-arms/scion-subaru-arms/mrs-su-0521

the spc arms are for camber and megan arms are for toe adjustments. both are best(why the KTA124 is recommended) since more extreme camber settings may require toe to be adjusted beyond the factory bolt's limits, but its not required if you are running within stock settings and just want to dial in camber more precisely.

the other reason why the KTA124 is preferred is because they use poly bushings instead of spherical bushings. Poly will last alot longer on the street and also conform to certain racing/autox class regulations if you care about that sort of thing.

the spc arms are for camber and megan arms are for toe adjustments. both are best(why the KTA124 is recommended) since more extreme camber settings may require toe to be adjusted beyond the factory bolt's limits, but its not required if you are running within stock settings and just want to dial in camber more precisely.

the other reason why the KTA124 is preferred is because they use poly bushings instead of spherical bushings. Poly will last alot longer on the street and also conform to certain racing/autox class regulations if you care about that sort of thing.

Yeah that’s pretty much what thought. I wish I had done some more research before I purchased these SPC arms. It’s been so long since I got them that it’s too late to return. Do you know if the Megan LCAs are my only option? Ideally I want ones that look like this but I just can’t seem to find anything for my 05 leggy.

https://www.importimageracing.com/products/blox-racing-rear-lower-control-arms-red-wrx-sti-brz-ft-86-fr-s?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoaz3BRDnARIsAF1RfLe3ilBunsbMUMk-qUAw1XnGR_NUkCtMMYulKC917-aMGLLQZ4SuYXgaAv2XEALw_wcB

What do you want to adjust in the rear?

My stock setup was -1.5 camber and 0 toe.

I have the megans and the tech could get to -1.2 w/ 0 toe, I would need the lower arm similar to what you have to get the camber to -.7 (or so) without pulling the toe out of zero

What do you want to adjust in the rear?

My stock setup was -1.5 camber and 0 toe.

I have the megans and the tech could get to -1.2 w/ 0 toe, I would need the lower arm similar to what you have to get the camber to -.7 (or so) without pulling the toe out of zero

I want to get my specs some what back to stock so I don’t destroy my tires. After I lowered my car my rear specs were at like -2.5 or something and toe was off pretty bad. How do you like the Megan? I’ve been looking around and my concern was how bad they get after a few months of driving on them. I saw they get pretty rusty and seize up.

I want to get my specs some what back to stock so I don’t destroy my tires. After I lowered my car my rear specs were at like -2.5 or something and toe was off pretty bad. How do you like the Megan? I’ve been looking around and my concern was how bad they get after a few months of driving on them. I saw they get pretty rusty and seize up.

I guess it probably depends where you live.

I'm not a good reference yet, I've only had them a short time.

I picked them up used, but they are still in good shape.

If you need to adjust camber(+) and toe, then you will definitely need both arms.

I didn't realize I needed both either :lol: